Sign In
(0) Item(s): $0.00

Planning Your Special Event

We pride ourselves in being able to meet everyone’s catering needs. The following information will help you in planning your event.

Arranging and Reserving a Date

Even if the date of the event is tentative, please make arrangements with the catering department to ensure placement on our calendar. You may contact the catering department at (208) 885-2576, by emailing us at, or stop by our office located in the Wallace Complex. Some arrangements can be made by phone or email, others require an appointment with the Catering Sales Coordinator. The office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Room reservations should be made as early as possible to ensure you will receive an appropriate room for your event. Table and chair rentals should be placed at the same time. Please contact University Support Services to reserve a room 208-885-6956

Catering arrangements and menu selections should be confirmed within 10 business days of your event. While we can occasionally accommodate your needs with less lead time, sufficient notice allows us to schedule production and staffing. (an additional fee will be assessed to all orders placed less than 10 business days prior to your event.)

After we have finalized all the details of your event, you will receive a Banquet Event Order form. Please carefully review all information on this event order form for accuracy and completeness. Contact us immediately for any discrepancies.


Campus Dining Services has been contracted by the University of Idaho to provide on campus food service. Campus Dining Services must provide all food and beverage service at the University of Idaho. Please contact the Catering Office at 208-885-2576 for additional questions.

Changes / Guarantees / Cancellations

All cancellations and/or changes referring to the menu, count and event arrangements must be confirmed 3 business days prior to the event.

Functions canceled with less than 2 business days notice will incur a charge.

We will prepare for the estimated number and charge accordingly should a final count not be confirmed.


All catered functions must be secured by payment before they occur. University Budget Number, Checks, Visa, MasterCard or Cash are all valid payment methods.

When paying by check, please make check out to Sodexo.

All Non-University, Non-College, Non-Venue, Non-School related groups are required to make a deposit of 75% two weeks prior to their event with the balance due on the first business day following the event. A 20% administrative fee will be added to your bill. 

All Non-University or Non-College affiliated catering will have a 20% administrative fee added to their bill. 

Groups paying with index number will be required to enter that number when placing their order.

Customers/Organizations that hold a tax exempt status and have a valid ST101 are required to supply a copy of the ST101 to Vandals Catering at the time of the initial order. 

Off-Campus Events

For all off-campus events, we require a minimum of 2 hours set up time prior to the event for up to 150 guests. Over 150 guests, a minimum of 3.5 hours is required for setup time. Each off-campus event will be reviewed and may require additional set up time depending on setup needs. Please book off campus event spaces accordingly. 

China Charges

China upgrade is available for:

Full China Service
Upgraded Paper Service
$3.50 per guest
$1.50 per guest
China Bar Service Only           $2.50 per guest


As a standard, we provide tablecloths for all food and beverage tables. Linens for guest tables are included with full service plated meals and buffets.

Linens for guest tables at receptions, breaks, a la carte orders and boxed lunches can be provided at an additional charge. The same applies to registration tables, name tag tables, head tables and any additional tables that will not be directly used for food and beverage set up.

Table Linens
$4.00 per table
$0.35 per napkin

Other linen colors, depending on availability, may be placed as special orders. Specialty linens are also available for your food and guest tables at an additional cost. Please set up an appointment to view the linens.


To ensure that your event is a success, catering staff will be provided for all served meals and some buffets.

If additional time is needed, a fee of $18.00 per hour, per attendant, will apply. To ensure that your event is a success attendants may be required. When attendants are needed, services are at an additional charge of $18.00 per hour, per server, with a minimum of two hours.

Service Staff

Continental breakfasts, breaks, and receptions are priced for self-service. All waited meals servers are included.

Catering Equipment

As the host of the catering event, you are responsible for the equipment we have provided for the service of your catered event. Any missing or damaged catering equipment or supplies will be charged to your account at replacement cost. For very
large events, specialty equipment may need to be rented at an additional charge.

Food Safety

Due to food safety liability, guests may not remove food from the function site.

We do not allow outside food brought in unless approved by Sodexo in advance and purchased through our approved vendors.


There is no fee for on campus deliveries UNLESS the order is under $100.00.  A $25 fee will be added to the service for orders under $100, unless the order is picked up from a Sodexo kitchen location.

A delivery fee will be applied to all orders for Chick-Fil-A, Einstein's Bros. Bagels, Qdoba and Papa John's regardless of order amount.

A delivery fee will be applied to events held off the University of Idaho campus.


Alcohol Policy and Procedure

If you are planning an event and wish to serve alcoholic beverages (beer/wine only) on University property you must complete, submit and receive approval using the University of Idaho Alcohol Permit Application and required attachments.  Please note your application and documents must be submitted 30 days prior to the scheduled event.


There is a $40 fee for an alcohol permit.

Beer, wine, water, soft drinks, and soda water.

*There is a $300.00 bar sale minimum. If the minimum is not met, the difference will be applied to the order.

You must apply for an alcohol permit through University Auxiliary Services.

You must also contact Campus Security to arrange for security at your event. Please email

No outside alcohol is allowed to be served on campus including donated items.
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Statement